This elegant silver plated pitcher bears the crest of Aronimink Golf Club. Produced in the early 20th century, this piece is stamped on the bottom, “EPCA Bristol Silver Plate Poole B138.” The work has a classic sleek body with decorative feet, handle, and lip.
The Aronimink Golf Club is one of America’s early golf clubs and has provided the sport with many famous American golfers including John Shippen and Johnny McDermott. Aronimink was one of four founding members of the Gold Association of Philadelphia, established in 1897. The club, itself, was originally called the Belmont Golf Association but its name soon changed to Aronimink Country Club in 1900 only to finally become the Aronimink Golf Club in 1920. Its fairways were designed by the famous golf architect, David Ross, and the course is considered to be some of his best work. The golf course, once owning this beautiful pitcher, has hosted several PGA Championships and remains a major American golf course today.
Overall very good condition. The pitcher has some surface-wear from age and use, but is otherwise in very good condition. It’s hallmark on the bottom is clearly visible as well as the etched crest on the front.
Approximate Size: 8½” H x 8” W x 5½" D