Presented is a set of six matching sterling silver golf teaspoons. Each spoon is embossed with crossed golf clubs and ball at the top. The spoons are finished with a reeded border. The spoons were made by Walker & Hall, Ltd and date to 1933.
Walker & Hall was a large and successful firm, active between 1882 and 1960. The business was established in Sheffield, England in 1845 by George Walker. An assistant of Dr. John Wright, who had conducted important experiments on electroplating, George Walker secured the royalty of electroplating for Sheffield. Henry Hall joined the company in 1853 and the business was renamed Walker & Hall. The Walker & Hall factory was located on Howard Street in Sheffield, while showrooms were opened in London. Walker & Hall became a limited liability company in 1920, under the name Walker & Hall Ltd. In 1963, Walker & Hall Ltd. combined with silver companies Mappin & Webb and Elkington & Counder to form the British Silverware Ltd.
Condition is overall very good. The six spoons are of good quality and weight. Hallmarks are clear on all six teaspoons. Presented in silver case. Case inside has blue felt lining and white fabric upper.
Dimensions: 4 3/8" H x 1" W (spoon); 5" H x 5 3/4" W x 1/2" D (box)
Starts Thanksgiving Day
Discount applied at checkout.